Your search results

Insuring your Home

It is vital that you take our contents insurance for your new property. Contents Insurance is designed to protect your possessions from flood and fire damage as well as theft.

Generally, a contents policy covers:

  • your clothes and jewellery
  • any gadgets, appliances and electronics
  • books, CDs & DVDs
  • your own furniture and soft furnishings (curtains, towels etc.)
  • cutlery and crockery
  • antiques and family heirlooms
  • your bicycle

As a rule of thumb, if you were to take something with you if you moved to a new house, it would generally be covered under contents.

When you stop and think about it, it’s a lot of stuff that could easily be lost, damaged or stolen.


​Extra cover for tenants

Your contents insurance policy is designed to cover you against fire, flood and theft, but what happens if you drop your iPhone down the toilet?

Some policies offer accidental damage cover on top of the standard policy, usually at an additional cost, which could come in handy should you break any of your furniture or devices.

Keep an eye out for policies that offer tenants’ liability cover. This helps protect you from any accidental damage to your landlord’s fittings e.g. spilling red wine on the carpet.

Compare Listings